"Tombstone" Taylor Johnson is not just a Honcho & Hoss ambassador - he’s an ass kickin’ MMA pro, avid outdoorsman and all around good timin’ man. We asked him ten questions and he delivered the goods. Our verdict: Be like Tombstone. Get after it every day and use Honcho & Hoss to feel better.
1. You come from a family of martial artists. Who was the first to teach you how to use your fists? How old were you?
The men in my family all have martial arts and fighting back grounds. My Grandpa Nick was a black belt in judo and jiu jitsu as well as a golden glove boxer. So I come by it honestly.
2. You were also a champion wrestler in high school. How much of your early wrestling skills and knowledge play a role in your professional MMA career today?
I was a state champ in middle school and high school in both collegiate and Greco Roman wrestling. Body and spatial awareness as well as tenacity are some things I developed in my early career that have carried me to where I am today.
3. Who’s your biggest inspiration?
My biggest inspiration is Jesus… and my family.
4. Which form of martial arts do you think is most practical in real world defense situations?
The most practical martial art for defending yourself in a real life situation would have to be judo or jiu jitsu solely because of your ability to incapacitate another person without potentially doing life changing damage.
5. How did you come up with the nickname Tombstone?
I buried my first few opponents so it’s fitting. Also that’s one of my favorite movies. Plus I’m a ranch-raised 4th generation cowboy, so you get the point.
6. Your also an avid hunter and outdoorsman. What’s your most memorable hunting experience?
I love being outdoors snowboarding, wakeboarding, fishing, shooting and hunting. 2020 bow season was kick ass. We called in a monster bull elk. It almost walked on top of me. Such an amazing experience.
7. What’s the one thing not a lot of people know about you that they probably should?
That I’m nervous as hell when I fight but I’m cold blooded so you can’t tell.
8. If you could have any superhero power, what power would you have and why?
My super power would be self regeneration. I’m a bit of a wolverine as it is but to heal in seconds would be tits.
9. You’ve been using Honcho & Hoss CBD for a while now. What do you use it for mostly and how has it benefited you?
I use Honcho & Hoss to knock down inflammation and add some flavor to my coffee. As a fighter we need anything we can get.
10. What’s your favorite Honcho & Hoss oil flavor and do you take it straight or use it as a mixer?
I take Minted CBD oil in my coffee to start the day and I finish with a little High Noon or Ol’ Faithful under the tongue in the evening. I have my family using Honcho and Hoss and they all love it for mood and aches and pains.